Elevate Your Roofing with Asphalt Shingle Excellence
Asphalt shingle roofing is the most common type of roofing in North America and for good reason. They’re easy to install, durable, and relatively inexpensive.
Asphalt shingles services by Tactical Roofing Company also come in a wide variety of colors and styles, so you can find an option that compliments your home’s aesthetic.
Types Of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
There are two main types of asphalt shingle roofing: organic and fiberglass:
- Organic asphalt shingles – Organic asphalt shingles feature a paper base saturated with asphalt and mineral granules. While cost-effective, they’re less durable, have shorter lifespans, and face challenges meeting Florida’s wind standards, making them rare in the state.
- Fiberglass asphalt shingles – Fiberglass asphalt shingles consist of a glass fiber mat saturated with asphalt and coated with mineral granules. They come at a higher cost compared to organic asphalt shingles but offer superior durability, longer lifespan, and increased fire resistance.
Styles Of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingles come in a variety of styles that can complement your roof requirements:
- Three-Tab Shingles – the most basic and economical style of asphalt shingle. They are flat and have three tabs that create the illusion of separate shingles when installed. These shingles used to be the economical choice but advances in technology has allowed the architectural shingles to overtake 3-tab as the main shingle type. Nowadays, most manufactures have stopped making 3-tab shingles and have opted for only offering architectural shingles.
- Architectural Shingles – a step up from three-tab shingles in both price and appearance. These shingles are thicker and have a more textured surface that creates a more dimensional look. They are also more durable and have a longer lifespan than three-tab shingles.
- Designer Shingles – the most expensive and luxurious option when it comes to asphalt shingles. These shingles come in a variety of colors and styles, and include options like extended warranties, unique color patterns, and impact ratings.
Advantages Of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
There are many advantages that come with choosing asphalt shingle roofing for your home. Asphalt shingles are easy to install, which makes them a budget-friendly option for many homeowners. The waste products are recycled through ‘waste-to-energy’ plants or through material recyclers. And finally they are readily available in many colors and styles with no long lead times.
If you’re in need of an asphalt shingle roofing service, look no further than Tactical Roofing Company. Our experienced and certified roofers will work quickly and efficiently to get your new roof installed in no time. We also offer a wide range of financing options to make your roofing project more affordable.